Idleman & Associates will provide support as you finalize the methodology you plan to use.
- refine research questions to facilitate analysis, if needed.
- identify statistical analyses that address the questions.
- develop the optimal sampling strategy.
- determine the appropriate sample size for your study.
- review the reliability and validity of your data collection instruments.
- revise or edit the analysis section.
- work with you to address questions concerning your methodology and data analysis plan.
Lynda Idleman in Action: A Case Study
A doctoral candidate in Nursing Education planned to survey student nurses’ attitudes toward certain groups within the LGBTQ+ community.
- How to operationalize variables
- Determine appropriate sample size
- Improve response rate
Dr. Idleman's Actions
- Suggested operationalizing two variables measuring constructs using a Likert-like scale with 11 points. The result is a closer approach to the underlying distribution, and therefore meets assumptions of normality and the use of interval scales.
- Recalculated the sample size to reflect a more appropriate confidence
level of 95%, with a margin of error of 3%
- Developed appropriate survey follow-up plan including reminder emails and appropriate time intervals between contacts
The candidate successfully defended the proposal/prospectus in 2019.
Ready to find out more? Talk with Idleman & Associates today!
See what a difference having a statistician in your corner can make! Get an estimate for your project.